We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Miraculous Monday

I am going to focus on my own little world today for "Miraculous Monday". And the miracle is my witnessing my daughter's first day of kindergarten. She looked adorable in her new school-girl uniform. I was apprehensive at first when I learned that her school was going to uniforms this year, but I have to say that those kids all looked so great in their outfits! She was not the least bit nervous but as usual very brave and excited to be going to school with the big kids. When she got home from school she told us all about her day and got out her "homework" that is to be done everynight. The goal is for all the kinders to be able to write their name and count to ten in the next two weeks. We already achieved that this summer so it is nice to say that she is starting out ahead of the group. You would never know that just over a year ago she barely spoke English and we thought she was 2 years younger then she is.

But not just one but two miracles ocurred today. At the end of my work day I quickly checked my email and guess what? News of the adoption!!! Apparantly the Ministry's office in Rwanda has requested the email address for ourselves as well as several other families with dossiers in Rwanda, most of them arriving late spring to early summer. Our agency sounds optimistic that we will SOON be receiving a email directly to us with news of our approval. But I am cautious as well because we could certainly be contacted to provide more info and soon may mean another month instead of another week. If anything, after almost 5 months since our dossier arrived in Rwanda and 8 months since starting our homestudy, I have learned that time is a very relative concept that I have little control over. If we do in fact receive our approval the end of this month that would however mean that we may possibly be traveling in December which would be great since our whole family has two weeks off work and school for Christmas Break.

1 comment:

  1. Things are looking up. And the phone call last night was encouraging. :)

    ReplyDelete