We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Now What?

I have finished the revisions to my dissertation and so my husband said to me today "Well, now what are you going to do?". Hmm, good question? Over the last (almost) six years of my life I became skilled at balancing the demands of family, work, and graduate school. So I have to say the idea of NOT being a graduate student anymore is almost surreal to me. So what I am looking forward to? Well I can't wait for this summer, to be "just" a mom and to hang out at the pool with my kids and to play and be silly. And, most of all, I am really looking forward to being a mom to more children. I see how great my son and daughter get along, and how much they love each other and how smoothly we have adapted to being a family of four. I can't wait to learn if we will become a family of five or even six. I am praying that somehow we will receive our approval sooner then expected. If we were able to travel this summer, my son could travel with us without missing school and both my children and my husband would have the summer of for ALL of us to be together as we adjust to our growing family. So will I miss being a graduate student? Definately not! I have plenty else to do like bake, plant, color, play, dance, help, give ..........THRIVE!

1 comment:

  1. Kari,
    You have done a marvelous job of balancing school, your job and being a loving mother and wife!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete