We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

"Love Never Loses It's Way Home"


One week ago on March 7th it was one year since our daughter arrived to our home. We celebrated by going out to one of our favorite Ethiopian Restaraunts and then attended a evening of West African singing, dancing, drumming, and storytelling called the BaoBao Festival. Yes I know Ethiopia is certainly not in West Africa, but we enjoyed the event all the same and it was nice to see so many people attending who represented many different African countries. And to our surprise the same Ethiopian Restaraunt where we had ate, earlier in the evening, was also serving food at the event. I always love it when Tensae sees older women from Ethiopia because their love for all the children of their country is so obvious. By the end of the evening she had been talked to, hugged, and kissed by so many magnificant Ethiopian women. I could feel their positive energy being transferred to her. I titled this post after the theme for the event this year, ODO NNYEW FIE KWAN "Love Never Loses It's Way Home". I really like this saying because I know that as a adoptive mother that my daughter really has two homes and two sets of extended family and countries who love her dearly. We have been so blessed to see her blossom before our eyes in the last year but my heart is often heavy when I think of the people who she had to leave behind. It is hard for me to say that "She was meant to be ours" because I would give anything for her to have not experienced the pain and loss that she has in her very young life. I consider us to have two families now, one who we see everyday and one who is in our heart everyday.
Check out the performers who we saw:
http://www.1000-voices.com/home
http://www.streetsidedance.com/media.html
http://www.baobaofest.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment