So much has been happening as of late that it seems simplier to provide a Top Ten List:
1) To our surprise we received our I-171H approval form from USCIS last Friday the 13th
(so much for the day bringing bad luck).
2) We tried to get the dossier documents notarized on Saturday but the notary's commission expired next month, this turned out to be a blessing in disguise because I found some errors on my paperwork that needed correcting.
3) So today we went to the notary, my husband drove to pick up a copy of our original homestudy, then drove to the Secretary of State only to find that one of our notary's had made a error, so back to another notary and back to the Secretary of State's office again.
4) Good news, it is all taken care of so the documents will be ready to be picked up tommorrow. We will copy them and send off the final dossier.
5) We learned today that another family from, whose dossier had been in Rwanda for 5 months, just received approval from the Rwanda Ministry of Women and Gender for their adoption.
6) Then we learned that a second family also received approval today and their dossier had only been in Rwanda the last two months.
7) I also was introduced by another Ethiopian adoptive mom to a couple who lives in CO and recently adopted a older school-age child from Rwanda. I am so excited to meet them and their amazing son.
8) We also learned that another family who has already adopted from Rwanda is moving to CO. This means that not only will we continue to have a large group of children who we know here in CO adopted from Ethiopia but we have a growing number adopted from Rwanda as well. I think this is so wonderful for the children to see each other.
9) On another note spring has already hit CO and the weather is beautiful and the bulbs are already blooming. It is a wonderful feeling in the air.
10) And last but not least, me and the kids are so excited to be heading of to Arizona at the end of this week to visit my parents and to bask in the sun!