We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Half-Time Show: Power or Oppression for Women?

Great post from another adoptive mom who saved me the effort of putting this complicated subject into words. My personal opinion is that Beyonce's performance was not that of a woman of power, but of a woman doing exactly what she needs to do to "sell out" to the male dominated society. Despite criticism I stand firm in my belief that performances exactly like this are not the image that I want my daughter to grow up with. I have my own dream for little girls and boys, of all shades and colors, and it is that they can be viewed as successful and powerful without having to sell out to what society wants or tells them to be.

http://www.rageagainsttheminivan.com/2013/02/power-performance-beyonce-and-what-it.html

No comments:

Post a Comment