We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Card

My husband has been spending time each day having all the kids work on school books to prep them for their next grade level since they are pretty much stuck in the house most of the day right now. Today the girls were finished while dad was working with our oldest and they decided to make me a card and a note. The first line of the note said "I glad you are my mom, me Vanessa" It was carefully written by her younger 7 year old sister as Vanessa still does not trust her own ability to write in English. The same equally spunky younger sister wrote "I love you but sometimes I get mad at you, me Tensae." I also got a card from the boys, because they had to keep up with the girls of course. So why did this note from my daughters strike me? Well, I have not necessary been the best mom lately, at least not in their eyes. Neither one of them were happy with me when I had to go back to work after a shortened summer and they both reacted by giving me the cold shoulder for a couple days. Of course my own fatigue did not help. So for Vanessa to openly state that she is glad that I am her mom (when she has had so many) is pretty monumental. And for Tensae to be able to acknowledge her feelings and be o.k with experiencing anger and still loving someone at the same time, well that is super monumental. I'll hang onto the note for when they are both teenagers, although maybe we will have worked through enough identity issues by then that we will be o.k. Wishing thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment