Waiting on Referral Adoption Psychosis (WORAP):
- The presence of a uncontrollable urge to check your email, blog list, and voicemail every 5 seconds for fear that you may miss some important piece of information.
- An irrational belief that you have messed up some paperwork and the whole adoption process will fall apart at any moment.
- A strange sense of all consuming grief every time you see a infant or pregnant mother.
- Your body has a mind of it's own when you enter a store and find yourself in the baby and toy sections.
- You experience psychosomatic pregnancy symptoms including emotional spirals, cravings, fatigue, headache, and stomach ache.
- You nest by creating a list in your head of every tiny possible thing that must be done in the house before your children come home.
- When you call your insurance company or human resources about adoption benefits they have no idea what they are getting into because you are prepared to battle.