We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Flashforward and Feelings of Peace

When I was waiting for our referral from Ethiopia and anxious to be making travel plans I savored every bit of news that I could obtain from families who had previously traveled and adopted. I now find myself in a similar situation, although I would say that this time around I am less anxious and a whole lot more relaxed about the whole thing. With the receipt of our "Letter of Non-Objection" from Rwanda dated 8/12/09 came a huge relief for me. While I can't wait to see the faces of our children I am now feeling very patient about the whole thing. There are currently three families from our agency in Rwanda right now meeting with their children and completing the remainder of their paperwork and procedures. Thanks to the power of technology we are able to get a glimpse into the miracles that they are experiencing on the other side of the world. Their blogs are:

http://lifechange.typepad.com/lifechange/
http://limmerfamilyadventure.blogspot.com/
http://higginsadoption.blogspot.com/

In reading one blog in particular, from the Limmer family, there are moments of joy as well as sorrow as she speaks of their experience in visiting the Genocide Memorial and of abandoned babies arriving to the orphanage just this weekend. This information stirs my emotions but does not surprise me and for some strange reason I feel more at peace this weekend. I believe that our dossier has been at the orphanage for several weeks now and maybe our children have been chosen, maybe they were already chosen long, long ago.

And on a much more shallow note, I have accepted that there may be no fix to my internet problem on our desktop computer and maybe this is just meant to be. That is the computer that houses all our pictures and other important documents so perhaps it is best. We also found a great deal today and we will be receiving installation from a new internet provider with high speed internet and a landline phone with unlimited long distance for only $40 a month. Yeah, I figure with more children in the house it might be a good safety precaution to actually have a telephone that is not dependant upon battery life and working satellite networks.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I just found your blog online. We are also in the process of adopting from Rwanda. Our dossier reached Rwanda around the first week of August so we are just waiting to hear for our approval letter.
    Thank you for your posts. I look forward to reading them and following you.
    Good Luck!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete