We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sad News from Haiti

We received word that the man who manages the adoption and legal paperwork for Maison Orphanage passed away in Haiti last Friday. I don't know any of the details only that his passing is a great loss to the children and staff at the orphanage. His name was Jean Kuislin "Kiki" Alexis and he is the one who carried Vanessa to her many embassy appointments in Haiti during the multiple attempts to get her medical visa. It was he who picked up and delivered her humanitarian visa directly to my hands on the day that I flew into to pick her up in Port au Prince. I wrestled with the decision as to whether or not to tell Vanessa and finally decided that it would not be right to keep the news from her. She was sad, cried, and asked many questions that I do not yet have answers to. I am keeping the staff and children at Maison close to my heart this week. This is a stark reminder as to the reality that it is to live in Haiti.

You can read the notification from For His Glory here:
http://forhisgloryoutreach.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment