We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

And I am Down....

Down that is with my second case of the flu this fall already. Only this time it is a SEVERE case of the stomach flu. I will spare you the details except to say that today I experienced extreme empathy for those in third world countries who die from dehydration secondary to illness. I was able to prevent dehydration for myself by pulling out the Pedialyte freezie pops that I stashed in the freezer when my kidos were sick a few weeks ago. Even if I had not had the luxury of a freezer and the best invention ever (since usually if you try to drink pedialyte liquid when your stomach is upset you just throw it up!) I also had the option of driving myself up the street to the clinic or ER. Those are all options that most people in the world do not have. So despite having a really bad day because I was the sickest I have ever been (seriously) and having to take precious time off work, that I am trying to save, I am still extremely grateful that because of where I live this was not a life and death situation. Maybe I should still get that flu shot before I contract yet another strain of the flu going around. One of the drawbacks of working in a elementary school indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment