We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Check out These Families........

As you can see I am beginning to add in links for organizations and missionaries living in Haiti as well as families who have adopted or are adopting from Haiti. Most of the links so far I have stumbled on through Internet connections associated with the organization that supports the orphanage where we are adopting from. One of the adoptive families posted a link to this couple that is living in Haiti. I really encourage you to check them out at http://goatpath.wordpress.com/. Not only is his writing eye opening and smart but he has a great sense of humor as well (despite the conditions that they see all around them). Plus their story is amazing, as she was buried in the rubble of their home in Haiti when the earthquake happened and survived and is still there now working. Check out his amazing post about the 6 month anniversary of the earthquake http://goatpath.wordpress.com/2010/07/22/6-month-later-changes-or-the-lack-thereof/ 

Wow, makes me think back on what I was doing with my life at the young age of 23-25. At that time finishing my masters degree and getting a real job was my priority. I really wish now that I had instead did exactly what this and so many other young couples are doing. Packing up and making a real difference in the world. Well maybe someday. For now I have kids to raise and miracles to make, one at a time. But that really is not a excuse either is it, since families like this with 6 or more kids are living abroad!    http://livesayhaiti.blogspot.com/  Now if only I could find a way to make those nasty doctoral degree school loans disappear and perhaps..........

No comments:

Post a Comment