We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Getting Ready!

I had a busy weekend shopping for our little guy's clothes. I thought I had stored away more of my 8 year old son's toddler clothes but guess I got rid of nearly everything when we moved. So I had fun searching for good deals on little clothes at the outlet mall. My daughter loves shopping and did her best to help find the hangers with number 3 on them. I also have all of our donations organized in bins and am going to start packing them into suitcases. Some families actually check the plastic bins as luggage but it worked well when we used rolling suitcases in Ethiopia. We emptied the donations and refilled the luggage with souvenirs. I also picked up some travel essentials this weekend. I have a list of things in my head that were must have items that we brought with us to Ethiopia. Here are my must have items (of course this is not a complete packing list):

Ear plugs and eye cover (for air plane)
Tylenol PM (for plane ride there and sleepless nights before taking custody)
Chewable Pepto Bismol
Tums
Advil
Eye drops
Thermometer
Small first aide kit
Cooling patches (the ones for migraines that you stick to your skin)
Emergency C
Children's powdered electrolyte mix
Individual sugar free drink mix packets (hard to find diet pop in Ethiopia)
Infant or Children's Tylenol or Motrin
Children's chewable Pepto Bismol
Anti fungal Creme (lots! You will get ringworm somewhere)
Antibacterial spray (the spray works better in high humidity then ointment)
Hydrocortizone creme
Tea tree oil
Sunscreen
Medicated chapstick
Deet bug spray
Individual sealed antibacterial wipes
Hand wipes
Travel kleenex packets
Huggies pre-soaped and disposable washcloths (in the baby bath section)
A heavy shea butter lotion
Ziplock bags
Children's disposable plastic silverware
Children's disposable drink cups
Disposable bibs
Snacks
Lots of dried fruit (to make up for not eating fresh fruit or vegetables)
Children's yogurt/juice drinks to begin restoring the digestive system (in the baby food section)

No comments:

Post a Comment