We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Faith....

Well I am worried, faithful but worried. News in our adoption group is that the courts in Rwanda close during the entire month of December. I am familiar with the whole court closing thing as courts close during the rainy season in Ethiopia. This is however the first I have heard that courts close for a whole month in Rwanda so I will have to do some investigating. There must be a reason because December is not a rainy season month in Rwanda. My worry stems from the harsh reality that if we do not receive our referral VERY SOON we will not be able to have our adoption approved by the courts in Rwanda before the closing. That would mean a extra month that our child/children are waiting in a orphanage over Christmas. Actually it would probably extend things out longer then a month since I presume they are very busy when they open back up. So this news is breaking my heart and opening up some pretty raw emotions. Thoughts and emotions that I best not share in this place. I do ask that you pray for our children, pray that they receive the love that they need untill they are in our arms, pray that the person in charge of approving the adoption paperwork is able to have the time to approve our referrals, pray that the technology is present for a speedy delivery of information, pray that there are no problems with our specific referral information, and pray that we are able to pass court before December.

There is a frame sitting on my dresser and it reads this:

"When you come to the edge of all the light you have known, and are about to step out into the darkness, faith is knowing that one of two things will happen - there will be something to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly."
- Richard Bach

I have experienced times of great difficulty in my life when everything was there that I needed to stand firmly, and there have been times when I have learned the hard way how to "wing it". I am faithful that this story will end with our children in our arms, I just wish that I felt a stronger ledge to stand on at this moment.

1 comment:

  1. We went through this - our daughter did not pass court before the Ethiopian cout closure in August. We had to wait two extra months to go get her. It was heartbreaking. I leave in a week and I am still morning the loss of those two months. I will be praying for you and your children

    ReplyDelete