We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Best Way to Attach!

I stumbled onto a great blog put together by a fellow Colorado adoptive mom who is in process of adopting from Ethiopia. She developed a blog to highlight Ethiopian related products, but the cool thing is they are all items designed and/or produced by Ethiopian adoptive parents. Check it out at:
http://ethiopiaadoptionshop.blogspot.com/
The best part though is her own store where she sells hand sewn baby slings. They are absolutely beautiful! I am a huge fan of baby slings and baby carriers. As I have said before we even used a sling with our daughter who weighed 30 pounds and was 4 years old. She loved it and I loved it because she was safe and happy. And of course repeated experiences of feeling safe and happy in mom and dad's presence leads to attachment! O.k. so this sling from the store is my absolute favorite. It is made from material from Malawi and reversible. Hmm, do I really need another sling? It is much prettier then my current fleece pouch which has streched out......

You can check out her other slings at: http://www.small-wish.com/

Now I better buy one for myself before she sells out!

No comments:

Post a Comment