We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Snow Days!

Yes, we have been granted not just one but two snow days in October! I knew that there was a snow storm headed our way when I left work on Tuesday but I was surprised to receive a very early phone call this morning that the school district that both my husband and I work for had cancelled school. Our kids still had school today at their schools but all of us have been granted another day off tomorrow. Honestly we have been so heavily affected by the H1N1 flu in our area of CO that I think this is a big relief to many teachers and parents to get a few days to catch up on some rest and to stay safe and warm. As far as we go this has been such a emotional roller coaster of a week as we await our referral that I am so grateful to have a few days to "nest" at home. I think playing in the snow, drinking cocoa, and baking cookies will definitely be on the agenda tomorrow! I have not loaded our snow pics yet so here are some cool ones from the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment