We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Diapers and Dreams

I have made a huge decision. I am now committed to going with cloth diapers. Not only are they better for the environment but also better for our kidos bottoms. So I have been investigating and asking around and have come up with three options that we will use depending on what we are up to and what the diaper situation is. All three options are definitely not what would be considered traditional cloth diapering. The first and closest to what people think of as cloth diapers are 6-ply prefold cloth diapers which I will cover with diaper covers. These are very absorbent.
The second system will be the Bumgenius All-in-One One size fits all cloth diapers. These come with inserts that are removed and washed and very easy to use.

The third system will be the G-Diapers which are not entirely cloth, as they utilize a absorbent insert which is fully biodegradable and flushable. They will come in handy when we are out and about.
So of course I had to explain all of this to my husband and funny thing he woke up this morning and told me that he had a vivid dream that we had four children, with the youngest being our little ones from Rwanda. They were a boy and a girl, both younger then we expected and of course we ran out of diapers. I must have concerned him with all this diaper talk!

1 comment:

  1. I love the new thirsties dou covers, which would be great over prefolds or fitted diapers (my favorites are cricketts and lucy's hope chest). If you ever need some cloth diaper support check out diaperswappers.com. Bumgenius are reat, also check out their organic aio!

    ReplyDelete