We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Wonder

It has been two weeks since our approval letter was signed and official. This leaves me wondering what is happening across the world. Wondering if our file has already been taken to the orphanage. Wondering if our child has already been considered. I know that the nuns love every child and pray over the choice. My heart is with them as they take on this heavy but joyous task. I know that a part of me is already there.


I had a dream about both of my children before they came to me. The week before my son was born I dreamed of a chubby crying baby and in the operating room he looked just as he had in my dream. I also had a dream of my daughter. About a month before we received her referral, around the same time that she would have arrived to the care center in Addis Ababa I had a dream in which I saw a small little girl with a shaved head, she was with several adults and she was afraid and crying. Many months ago, back in March I had a very vivid dream of two small children, a boy and a girl, they were alone and waiting. I have not dreamed of them since but my mother who has always had similar dreams called me up a few weeks ago to ask if we had heard anything on the adoption. She had dreamt that we received a little girl. Perhaps they are all somehow connected to us. I am eager to see his or her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment