We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

No News is Good News?

I sure hope that this is the case as we have received no word on the Rwanda adoption front since our dossier arrived there 13 weeks ago. I am not to concerned as no one, that we know of, in the process has received any news either. When we started the adoption process for the second time we were considering a second Ethiopia adoption then changed course. Every once in awhile I visit the list serve for the Ethiopia adoptive families working with our home study agency. Today I was surprised to see a referral of a infant girl to a family who finished their home study the same time as us (End of December). Of course this leads me to think about our change in course, and what might be happening in our life right now if we had not changed plans. I am however a strong believer that things happen for a reason and there must be some reason why I felt so pulled to Rwanda. And the "signs" just keep emerging, so many things that I come across lately lead to that beautiful country. And what a small world it is, my husband had the fortune of meeting a physician and professor of Immunology from one of the local research universities this week. Not only was the professor able to give us some very helpful information about something that keeps popping up in our daughter's bloodwork (maybe a normal result for somone from a African country) but he also just returned from providing a seminar to doctor's in Rwanda. A small world indeed. So back to my original topic, maybe we need to slow down for a reason, maybe there is some preparation that I am missing and still need to work on. Whatever the reason may be it will reveal itself in time, so for now I hope that "Now news is good news".

No comments:

Post a Comment