We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Simplifying our House

We have to much stuff. As I have spent the last several weeks cleaning out drawers and closets I am just amazed at how much stuff we have, and we don't even have what most would consider a large house. I never really realized just how much stuff we Americans have until going to Ethiopia. It is really ridiculous. So we are having a rummage sale this weekend. To be honest I hate rummage sales, they are alot of work and where we live you just don't make much money. People will haggle you till you can't stand it anymore. But every penny counts right now so the sale is on. I can't wait to have some of this out of my house. We are making room in our middle level living room to turn it into a playroom and then we will be able to set up the crib in our daughter's room. She is excited to share her room as she has never liked sleeping alone and most likely neither will our new son or daughter. Children sleeping alone in rooms is a very western practice. So anyways off I go to sort and price. Most likely when it is all over I will hang up a free sign and give the remainders all away.

3 comments:

  1. I have been in Africa 3 x's and Vietnam once...each time I come home a get rid of "stuff"....things that we just don't need. This last time in Uganda really struck me anew how much I DONT need! I would rather have children!
    My children also sleep with other siblings...who wants to be alone... I wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have also been minimizing since our trip to Ethiopia. We ask our selves now "do we really need that" before we buy it. I love the more simple life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so with you, Kari on disliking garage sales! I thought about doing one and then just donated all my extra stuff to another one instead! :) I'll be thinking of you this weekend, and praying that people won't be so stingy and give you what your items are worth. :)

    Hoping that you get approved very, very soon!
    Heidi Limmer

    ReplyDelete