We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hail Storm

We have had a bad week for weather in our area of Colorado. There have been tornadoes touching down all over the place this week with several along I-25 in the Denver metro area. Every afternoon for the last three days we have had severe thunderstorms but today caught us a bit by surprise. It was 5pm and the kids were off in the new van for our son's baseball practice and I was off to Jazzercise when it turned dark, the wind came and then the rain and hail. At first I was not to concerned because the hail was really small but just as we all returned home there was 1/2 to 1 inch size hail that had pounded down on our cars, house, and our lovely green yard. The damage was minimal so I am not complaining, as a tornadoe did touch down just 30 miles south of our house. Here are some pictures I took just yesterday afternoon to document the growth in our Xeriscape garden and here is our front yard at 5:45pm today. I think it will take awhile for the poor plants to recover from being bombed with balls of ice. The hood of my car however, I don't think it will regrow paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment