We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

NDahShahKah GooTahHah

NDahSHahKah means "I want to go" in Kinyarwanda and it is pronounced Ndashaka gutaha. I decided I could use some of my spare time to start learning some simple phrases that might be familiar to our new child/children. "I want to go" caught my eye because I am so ready to go to Rwanda! I have completed my PhD (still need to post pics of my graduation ceremony) and next week I will have almost three months off work for summer break. In the meantime I do still have plenty to keep me busy and so I will practice this VERY important phrase: NDah GooKoonDah pronounced Nda gukunda and meaning I Love You.

4 comments:

  1. Congratualations Kari on your doctorate degree! I found your blog through Troutbirder... I'm sure you know him... (grin!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Troutbirder sent me over. Glad to see you blog. And congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting some excellent "press" via Troutbirder. I've enjoyed my visit. God's blessings to each of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am another referral of troutbirders. I am so impressed with what you are trying to accomplish. I have been very moved by your blog. Thank you for educating me further.
    What a wonderful difference you are & will continue to make in the life of a child. I feel there is no greater purpose in life.
    I am praying for continued success in your mission.

    ReplyDelete