We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Words from Matthew

So we have news today, our dossier was received on the desk of our family coordinator at AWAA. I have not heard back yet on whether or not all the paperwork was in order but I hope so because I double checked it more then twice. Unfortunately my heart is heavy today. I have learned that when good things happen to you in life, such as the completion of a hard earned PhD, there is always someone who does not respond back in kindness or support. Perhaps there is just something about human nature that it is hard to see others prosper, even after their own hardship, when they themselves are feeling empty. My life has not always been easy, my husband and I have experienced our share of loss and hardship. Fortunately we have had the resources to overcome and to learn and to be where we are in our lives today. Even as a psychologist I am not sure what specific factors lead one person to overcome difficulty while another does not. I do know, and I am not one to quote scripture to often,that today these words are helping me to find some peace with those you are lacking peace in themselves:

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Matthew 5:38-39)...Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. (Matthew 5:38-44)

No comments:

Post a Comment