We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life. But those who must make their journey home across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny. And placed among us by God's own hands.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Got Patience?


I received a call today that more information was needed from our adoption agency.
For the time being please pray for my patience!http://www.spiritisup.com/patience.html

I do know that from our last adoption experience that this will be the first of many wait times. The wait for applications to be accepted, for appointments to be made, for documents to be collected, for signatures to be given, for notarized documents to be state certified, for the speed of mail, for the translation of documents, for the approval from government officials, for the referral of a child, for the anxious anticipation to pass court, and the worst wait of all, the wait to travel once you know that child is now yours. When my, wise beyond her years, daughter asked me not long ago "Why did it take so long for you to come get me?" I was heartbroken and could only reply with "We were also waiting, waiting a very long time, we loved you very much before we even knew you and you grew in our heart". And so the emotions of this journey start again..................................

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kari,
    So glad I visited your blog :0) It was fun meeting you and your beautiful family last weekend at the "Jump In" play place. Praying God will indeed pour over your hearts His peace at each turn in the journey to your new little one or little ones - the waiting room is a hard place to be!

    Hope we can connect again soon,
    Lisa Geisterfer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari:

    Thanks for sharing your blog with us. It's been great to hear your Ethiopian story and now follow your journey to your Rwandan children. I'll be thinking of you as you compile this next round of paperwork.

    I agree with you about the overwhelming nature of it all--especially when it comes to the paperwork. There is so much waiting and so much emotion. I find myself breaking down often.

    Best to you,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete